Hampshire & Isle of Wight (HIOW) represents 1.8million people, holds 21 statutory organisations including Local Authority’s, Clinical Commissioning Groups, Trusts, Community and the regulators along with 42 Primary Care Network’s with Integrated Care T/CTs emerging. Our plan sets out how we will address our challenges, and transform personalised care in HIOW to meet the expectations of local people.
We know that local people want:
- more choice and control over their own health and wellbeing and more personalised care;
- clear accessible information that allows them to live well for longer and better manage their health and care;
- Better, safer care for major health conditions.
Our new service model, will support over 32,000 people with personalised care support, and prevent over 37,000 avoidable inpatient admissions by adopting “personalised care” as the underlying principle of every interaction. Our emphasis moves away from “what is the matter with me?” towards “what matters to me”. This means looking beyond the presenting condition and building resilience in individuals, communities and systems to support improved health and wellbeing.
Embedding a personalised care approach gives people more choice and control over the decisions that affect their own health and wellbeing, building resilience in individuals, communities and systems to support improved health and wellbeing.
To achieve this we will focus on developing:
- A whole population approach to support people of all ages and their carers, to manage their physical and mental health and wellbeing. Supporting people to make informed choices and decisions when their health changes;
- A proactive and universal support offer, to people with long term physical and mental health conditions to build knowledge, skills and confidence through supported self-care and community-centered approaches;
- Intensive approaches, to empowering people with more complex needs to have greater choice and control over the care they receive.
The Online Launch of the Peer Leadership Development Programme will take place on the: 3rd November 2020 between 11am – 11.45am via Microsoft Teams.
We are delighted to invite you to the online launch of the new Peer Leadership Development Programme. This exciting and innovative online personal development programme is for people with lived experience who are committed to working collaboratively with the system to shape and influence how personalised care is delivered. The programme is designed to equip people with the knowledge, skills and confidence to do this, by becoming a Peer Leader.
We know that the journey to becoming a Peer Leader often begins with wanting to improve your own situation. So, the programme starts with ‘what is personalised care and how can people in England
benefit’? It is delivered in partnership with Future Learn, an accessible learning platform, and features real-life stories, group discussions and quizzes to mark progress.
The launch event will feature James Sanderson, Director of Personalised Care at NHS England and Improvement, as well as current Peer Leaders and other people with lived experience. It is a great opportunity to learn more about the programme and will also include a demo and a chance to ask questions.
To attend the launch please book here. Joining details will be sent to you the day before the event
To request a course booklet please e-mail email@example.com
To enrol on the Step One course, which goes live on 26th October, Please Register Here